© Jorj Konstantinov
Inner city of Graz
Feedback to office[at]designmonat.at
Smart urban furniture of wood for digital natives and digital immigrants.
The aim of Smart Urban Privacy is to create a private retreat in urban space. CIS and Holzcluster Steiermark invited five Austrian designers to cooperate with five Styrian carpenters or wood manufacturing companies and to develop innovative urban furniture for Designmonat Graz.
The five prototypes that are developed in the course of the project, provide a temporary retreat at lively, public locations. Thus, the users are not completely cut off their environment, as they are still able to perceive the world outside. The main material is wood.
The smart furniture prototypes were created for digital natives, so to say people who were already born into the digital world, and also digital immigrants – those who got to know this world only as adults. Within Designmonat Graz 2017, they offer a retreat in public space at different locations of the inner city of Graz.
Prototypes and locations
– “Grazer Hocker” by Thomas Feichtner Studio & Tischlerei Wolfgang Rosenkranz | Lesliehof at Joanneumsviertel, 8010 Graz
– “Mikado” by zweithaler & mtdesign Tischlerei | Landhausgasse/Schmiedgasse, 8010 Graz
– Smartes Stadtmöbel aus Holz von Hohensinn Architektur + miniform & Fritz Friedrich GmbH | Schloßbergplatz at Mursteg
– Martin Mostböck & holz.bau forschungs gmbh | Schloßbergplatz at Dreifaltigkeitskirche
– Wolfgang Pichler Design & Spezialtischlerei Der Hobel | Schloßbergplatz at Schloßbergstiege