18th May 2017 | 17.00
Location: Auditorium im Joanneumsviertel, 8010 Graz
Everyone talks about Smart City and Smart Living – but what do these terms actually mean for society and daily life? That was the question that the Smartness Conference dealt with on 18th May.
The programme focus of Designmonat Graz 2017 is ‘Smart Design – Smart Production’ and deals with the age of digital linking and tools of the digital change. Amongst other, the Smartness Conference was about which impact the smart technologies, services and features have on society and daily life and how they can actually improve life.
To start off, there was a Hands-On workshop, hosted by the Smart-Services specialists of the company Evolaris. Following, experts from the fields of Smart City und Smart Living opened up new fascinating perspectives of architecture, urban development, high tech and others in their keynote speeches. Within the subsequent discussion panel, the speakers discussed outstanding issues and tried to find new solutions for their biggest challenge: How can you design smartness in a smart way?
An overview of the keynote speakers
– Gerin Trautenberger, Microgiants Industrial Design GmbH and chairman of Kreativwirtschaft Austria: Smart Cities – Smart Citizens
– Pamela Mühlmann of TINA Vienna, senior expert in the Smart City team: Die Strategie für die Smart City Vienna (The Strategy for the Smart City Vienna)
– Kai-Uwe Hoffer, City of Graz, Stadtbaudirektion Graz, Smart City Graz – Life quality and technological innovations
– Alessandro Squatrito, industrial and product designer from Palermo: The Internet of Things at ‘Casa Jasmina’
– Markus Pernthaler, Pernthaler Architects, Intendant Smart City Graz: Smart Planning
– Karlheinz Boiger, Hohensinn Architects about Smart City and the Public Space
– Hannes Walter, Evolaris next level: Smart Service and Smart Business
– Ernst Rainer, TU Graz: Smart Space for Smart Business